The Toronto District School Board will be moving from SchoolConnects to SchoolMessenger as its automated call-out system for our Elementary Safe Arrival Program.
da Vinci Alternative Public School will start using the new system on June 7, 2018.
In accordance with the TDSB Safe Arrival policy PR707A, “If a pupil is absent or late for any reason, the Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must contact the school immediately to report the reason for the absence”. For an unexplained absence, Parents/Guardians will be contacted by SchoolMessenger and must indicate the reason for the absence.
The telephone number 833-250-2290 will display on the caller ID.
For unexplained absences, the system call-out will work as follows:
- Parents/Guardians identified in the TDSB’s student database who have access to student records and are an emergency contact with priority 1 or 2 will receive both e-mail notification and call(s) of the unexplained absence.
- When you receive the call, you are required to listen to the entire message and follow the prompts accordingly.
- You will be asked if you are aware or unaware of your child’s absence.
- If unaware, you will be asked to call the school immediately.
- If you are aware of the absence, you will be asked to enter the reason for your child’s absence. Reasons are the same for full day absences (new to School Messenger) or late arrival. The following options will be provided for you:
- Doctor Appointment
- Dentist Appointment
- Family Matter