Dear da Vinci families
You are invited to our Fifth Annual Lantern Walk next Thursday evening, November 20, 2014, at 5:30 pm.
In the Waldorf tradition, the Lantern Walk recognizes the change in season, as the warmth of the sun wanes, nature once again withers and dies down to earth and the nights grow long. Each child has made a lantern to carry, to symbolize their unique individual spirit. Together, we will carry light into the darkness, singing songs together as a public statement of our school community.
- 5:30pm: Gather at Crocodile Island. Please sit with your child. We will sing the Lantern Songs together before starting the walk.
- 5:45pm: Lantern Walk – Please make sure your child stays on the sidewalk.
- 6:15pm: Hot chocolate in the schoolyard.
- Cookie donations are welcome. Nut-free, please! Drop them off at the table in front of the Junior doors in the schoolyard before the walk.
- Students must come with a parent(s)/guardian(s). Parents, you are responsible for the safety and behaviour of your children.
- For safety and insurance reasons, we cannot use live flame in our lanterns. There are “turtle lights” (small LED bike lights) available to use at the school or you are welcome to bring a flashlight.
- Don’t forget to review this year’s Lantern Songs posted here.
- Fire’s Burning (https://www.youtube.com/
- Rise Up O’ Flame (slightly different words/actions but sung in round https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Steer to the Light (sorry, couldn’t find a copy of this one!)
- This Little Light of Mine (copy pattern from first verse https://www.youtube.com/
We hope that you can join us for this lovely evening.
Beth, Ted and the da Vinci Faculty